The “Personality Right” (also known as “Rights of Publicity”) is the right to control the commercial use of your name, likeness, image, voice and other aspects of your identity. For celebrities in the entertainment and sports industries, protecting personality rights is an important issue with significant financial ramifications.
The personality rights attorneys at ChaseLawyers℠ can provide you with the legal guidance you need for establishing, protecting and capitalizing on your personality rights and related legal issues. Our intellectual property attorneys understand the value of your name, image and personality and are committed to protecting them from unauthorized use and exploitation. With our lawyers personality protection will no longer be a problem.
Protecting Your Personality Rights
As a celebrity or public figure, your identity has a significant financial value. You must be diligent in protecting your identity so that unscrupulous businesses and other parties do not attempt to profit off your achievements without compensation to you.
As a busy professional in the entertainment or sports industry, you don’t have time to handle these matters, which is why ChaseLawyers℠ can provide you with a valuable service in protecting your personality rights.
Our lawyers are prepared to handle a broad range of issues in regard to protecting personality rights, including:
- Creation of “name and likeness” rights
- Protection of your “name and likeness”
- Territorial, linguistic and product usage of your name and likeness
- Favorable celebrity payment schedules
- Maintenance of the best possible celebrity/brand “balance” in an endorsement deal
- Taking down unauthorized content containing your name, image or likeness from the Internet
- Licensing your name, image and likeness for profit
- Drafting personality rights releases allowing companies to use a model’s name, image and likeness
- Helping book authors obtain permissions to use fictionalized versions of real people
Located in New York and Miami, we serve clients throughout the nation and abroad. Our attorneys are well versed in laws pertaining to personality rights and knowledgeable in the entertainment, sports and Internet industries. With the right experienced lawyer, personality rights will be in safe hands.
Contact Our Miami and New York Celebrity And Athlete Endorsement Attorneys
If you are seeking legal guidance for a celebrity or athlete endorsement, or any personality rights issue, we are here to provide you with the experienced legal guidance you need. Contact our celebrity lawyers today online or by telephone at 305-373-7665 in Miami or 212-601-2762 in New York to arrange a consultation with a knowledgeable New York and Miami personality rights attorney.