Sports contracts are well-known for their multi-million dollar sums, making these lucky athletes some of the wealthiest people on the entire planet. Take a look at what some of the biggest mega-stars are bringing home every year and you’ll be shocked, that’s for sure. You should make certain that you get yourself an athlete endorsement contract, for instance, you deserve, too.
A Sports Law Attorney Can Help You Earn a Fortune
Naturally, the superstars here must have hired an amazing sports law attorney to help them net such high salaries. You can easily make the most out of your sporting career if you know where to look for the right legal support. Take a look at these top 8 earners and be inspired to boost your earnings.
- Kimi Räikkönen is probably one of the most well-known Formula One drivers in the history of this lucrative motorsport. He signed a three-year deal in 2007 that was worth around $51 million per year. As if that wasn’t enough, he signed another contract with Ferrari in 2014 for an amount that was presumably so high that it remains undisclosed.
- Another legend of the Formula One world, Michael Schumacher, raked in over $1 billion in his time on the track. Although much of this was from advertising and commercials, an expert in sports contract law was surely responsible for some of this fortune.
- Despite having some problems as of late due to being tested positive for controlled substances, Alex Rodriguez signed with the New York Yankees for a sum of $275 million to be paid over a period of 10 years.
- Not to be left out by the huge sums spent stateside, Manchester United rewarded their captain, Wayne Rooney, with a four-year contract worth the equivalent of $104 million.
- Floyd Mayweather is certainly one of the richest boxers ever, having earned $180 million over the period of two and half years. Only the finest sports contract law professionals would have been able to get him such a lucrative deal.
- Baseball is responsible for yet another high-flying athlete earning incredible sums, with the Los Angeles Dodgers giving Clayton Kershaw a reported $215 million over 7 years.
- Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers might not have clinched a deal as lucrative as that of Clayton Kershaw, but he’s still raking in around $180 million over the next few years.
- Topping this list of the highest earning sports stars is Giancarlo Stanton, who definitely had some stellar legal players on his side to sign a contract for $325 million over 13 years.