One of the most important things in establishing your market value these days is creating an online presence that is consistent throughout all of your Social Media platforms, websites and mobile apps. You can’t have one of these be spelled with a hyphen, another one with the underscore and a third one with three dots – that just doesn’t look professional.
- What happens if you start running your business, and then realize that someone is already using the name of your company as a domain name or a Social Media handle?
- What if someone hasn’t started using it, but just secured your preferred name for themselves, hoping that one day you will come asking for it and pay them a lot of money?
- What if someone has stolen the unique way in which your website is designed, organized, stylized and is trying to use your fan base for their commercial advantage?
- What if someone has registered a domain name that is similar to yours, but not identical, in hopes of luring customers who have mistyped your company’s name?
ChaseLawyersSM has an experienced team of Internet and Social Media Attorneys, dealing with these and many similar issues on behalf of our clients in the areas of Entertainment, Music, Social Media Advertising and Internet Law. We can help you figure out:
- What rights you have under the Trademark Law regarding your domain name, Social Media handle and other valuable online commodities?
- Do you have a claim against someone under the “Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act”?
- Can you initiate a less costly administrative procedure to challenge the existing domain name under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy?
- How do you prove that someone is using your brand name, company name or service name in “bad faith”?
- How do you get that domain name, Instagram handle, Facebook account name, and other “Social Media real estate” back from an infringer?
Here at ChaseLawyersSM we represent start-up owners, entrepreneurs, website and mobile app owners, fashion designers, inventors, Amazon store owners, as well as Social Media influencers, musical artists, producers, record labels, visual artists, movie makers, and international athletes and would be happy to help you with any of the above-mentioned questions.