At ChaseLawyers, we encourage you to reach for the stars when attempting to achieve your dreams. In previous posts, we discussed how to transform your passion for music into a career, and now we want to solidify your path to stardom.
Taking your music career to the next level isn’t easy, but with the right attitude and an immense amount of motivation, we believe that you can get there. Similar to other careers in entertainment, in order to achieve fame on your own you must have knowledge in each aspect of the industry. Our entertainment lawyers in Miami have provided tips on five areas of the music industry with which you should familiarize yourself in order to boost your music career.
1. Sell Your Music Online through a Music Aggregator: You may ask yourself why you should sell your music through an online aggregator. As technology has advanced, so has the main sales medium for music. Nowadays, the majority of individuals purchase their music from online entities, such as iTunes. Using an online music aggregator will enable you to market yourself, give you a chance to develop an independent fan-base, provide you bargaining leverage with a record label and give you the ability to make money without having to share it. Furthermore, the start up cost is minimal.
2. Develop and Manage Your Own Website: Developing and managing your own website ultimately saves you money, especially with a ChaseLawyers web-related agreement. It also helps you to gain recognition and gives you another sales and marketing outlet.
3. Do as Many Live Performances as Possible: Live performances are considered an important source of revenue. These events help create a local fan-base, prepare you to perform at bigger arenas, give you bargaining leverage with a record label and the cost is minimal.
4. Register a Trademark in Your “PKA” Name: Registering a trademark under your “PKA” name recognizes you as a serious professional, protects you against having your name ripped off, converts you into a brand and costs under $800.
5. Affiliate with a Performing Rights Society (ASCAP, BMI or SESAC): This is extremely important because it marks you as a professional songwriter. You will be paid every time you are aired on the radio, expert musicians will offer you career guidance and the cost is free.
ChaseLawyers is a boutique entertainment law firm in Miami that advises and represents clients in legal matters related to music, sports, television/film, visual and literary works, modeling, online matters and intellectual property. If you are planning a music career, contact our entertainment lawyers in Miami today to ensure your path to stardom is a smooth one!
The entertainment industry can be a complicated field to navigate. As a trusted leader in Miami entertainment law, ChaseLawyers can help. With over 40 years of experience, Our Miami based lawyers have helped individuals in nearly every area of entertainment law in Miami, including sports, music, film, television, modeling, literature, and more. We understand the unique challenges you face as a creative, and we’re prepared to protect your interests.
As an artist in Miami, you must navigate the intricacies of copyright law, trademarks, contractual agreements, and much more. It is critical you choose a qualified Miami entertainment lawyer with expertise in the nuances of the entertainment world. ChaseLawyers has built a stellar reputation among our clientele for honest, professional representation that produces effective results. We have extensive experience in the unique legal elements you must navigate as an artist, and our attorneys can provide you with indispensable career advice and expertise over the course of your entertainment career.
When you work with ChaseLawyers, you are more than just a client. We care about your well-being and can provide essential advice on the issues you face in the Miami market, such as intellectual property issues, negotiating service agreements, publicity rights, and much more. We also have an extensive network of resources available for our clients to connect with, and those connections can enrich your career in countless ways. Our team understands the complex world of entertainment law and will take care of your legal needs so you can focus on doing what you do best—sharing your talent with the world!
When you’re ready to take the next step in your career, our Miami entertainment lawyers are ready to help you. We are passionate about helping creatives with all of their legal needs, and you won’t find a team more dedicated to your success in all of Miami. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation!